Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jan 11, 2007





First I want to express my thanks and gratitude at all who respond to my blog. Yesterday y'all just about made me cry. Your comments are deeply appreciated. I really do look at this as a year long challenge and I can't wait to see what else I can do. :) Well, for today I took a picture of H2O! Yep-water! I remember back in my 20's in nutrition class when we were talking about how important water was and I just couldn't understand it! I NEVER drank water and I had no desire to. I drank lots of Coke and I was doing just fine. LOL! Well, last summer I was the oldest person at work. There were lots of teenagers and 20 somethings and I was feeling a little down about all the weight I had gained during my pregnancies (7 YEARS AGO) so I decided to change my diet right then and there. The first thing I did was give up soda. As of June 4, 2006 I have not had any soda at all. It's kind of funny-I definitely think it's an addiction. I'm afraid to take a sip because I might not stop. Doesn't that sound wierd? Anyway, I started eating a lot of fruits and vegetables and I lost 20 lbs by the end of summer. This year I hope to add some exercise into the mix and maybe tone up a little. I also wanted to include a picture of my 9 year old-Kaitlyn. I don't have as many pictures of her as my Sydney because she's at the age where the last thing she wants is a camera in her face! LOL! My girls mean the world to me.

11 comments:

Haleigh said...

Diet Pepsi is my recent addcition. I'm trying to cut back, so good job having the motivation to do so. That's a great picture, it looks like an ad. Also, your DD is beautiful, great shot. You are very talented

Michelle said...

I'm right there with ya with the soda..well I know what you mean because my resolution this yr is to kick the soda to the curb :)

great shots. very creative.

cristina said...

i know what you mean about the addictions...i've found myself drinking just about everything but water...sydney looks a lot like you..and your shot of her is great.lots of color for a girl who's vibrant.
btw - i think you look very classy in yesterday's potd. your calmness is very visible in your eyes. you are BEAUTIFUL!

Lorrie said...

great pics! I drink almost nothing but water and coffee. Coffee is definitely my addiction. I may have to use that as a POTD sometime!
Anyway, great pic. Love both of them!

Ingrid said...

Wow, that first shot is terrific! What was the background that you used? Also, what photo-editing did you do? So many questions from this newbie LOL...

Carolyn said...

nice photo of your dd...she's very pretty.

my goal for the new year is to give of soda. I think it very well may be the key to me getting rid of my lingering baby weight.

. said...

Hi Ingrid! I used a white vinyl background from JoAnn Fabrics and natural light. I have lots of windows in my house so it's fairly easy on a sunny day to get a nice high key background. I use Paint Shop Pro for my photo editing.

Andrea said...

I love the colors in both photos- so vibrant! I especially like the light and composition of the water photo.

nomo wino daph said...

H2O.....something I hate BUT wish I liked!! No matter how I spruce it up, its still water to me! LOL

Mine is sweet tea, with spenda :)

Great shots!

Heidi said...

Great photos! Good for you on the water. I need to do better with that. :)

Krissynae said...

Love the blog entry and photos. great job

Two Peas Photo Challenge