Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Jan 10, 2007



Oh my gosh! This has taken me forever to do. I have NEVER posted a picture of myself ANYWHERE! I must have taken about 75 pictures before I came up with ones I thought were just alright. What is my problem? Yes, I've softened these a bunch and lowered the pixels so no one can see me up close. One thing I did realize is that I look a lot like my mother. I used to love having my picture taken. In fact, I have a whole photo album of just me between the ages of 10 and 18. I guess I've been really hard on myself the past couple years. I have a history of cancer and, with that, menopause...and I'm only 37. I've been seeing the physical effects for about 2 years now with thinning hair and aging skin. The disease has accelarated the natural aging-and I HATE it! But I don't want to be one of those people my children wish they had more pictures of. I vow right now to not be so concerned with how I look in photos. I realize that not everyone see's what I do and there's not a heck of a lot I can do about it. Thanks so much for starting this challenge-I am really looking forward to exploring everything about my world.

20 comments:

It's These Little Moments said...

I think your first picture is beautiful. You did a wonderful job at catching your-self. I think that is one your children could really cherish

Ann I said...

I really like the first picture too. Love the soft focus and colors around you really compliment your complexion. I'm going through the lack-of-photos issue with my mom right now, so it's great that you want to make a conscious effort to get yourself into those shots! :)

Adrienne said...

I hear you on all of that! I feel the same, it's much easier to behind the camera, but it's true. Our children will cherish any picture of us some day. Good for you for getting out of your comfort zone, and you ARE Beautiful! This is a great picture, and I really like how you softened it too! :)

Amy Covey said...

I agree - I really like the first photo, especially the soft colors.

Mom2Drew said...

Oh wow...love it and you're so beautiful! thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Lauren Hartman said...

You did a beautiful job and you are gorgeous! Aging stinks (take it from some older than you), but try to embrace who you are at this time in your life, and how you look (you are gorgeous - truly) and continue taking photos of YOU! It's important to those who love you!

Haleigh said...

I really like your pictures alot. The first thing I thought when I saw them was, she is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing part of your story.

jordan.krogman said...

I think you look gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing these pics of yourself with us!

Andrea said...

I think you are beautiful. You have a great smile and wonderful, kind eyes. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you will step in front of the camera more often.

Unknown said...

You are gorgeous and I think it is awesome that you are going to try to get more pictures of yourself. Great pictures!!

~JustJulie~ said...

Beautiful pictures. Don't be so hard on yourself. You've survived a terrible thing, and for that, you're fantastic. Good for you for being brave enough to do this.

Dar Kaso said...

Your beautiful, you should capture more of yourself to share with your family.

Heidi said...

I'm convinced that we see pictures of ourselves in a far different light than everyone else. My favorite is the 1st one. You are beautiful!

CindyTred said...

You look beautiful. You are too hard on yourself. I think all of us women are that way.

Ariana said...

I think you're way too hard on yourself. You look lovely in your photos. You have a beautiful smile, your eyes sparkle and your hair is light and soft.

I do love the softening you added, I am always tempted to do that to all pictures of me, too.

Carolyn said...

I think you are a babe! great job and your colors are to die for!

Amanda said...

You're beautiful and I'm glad that you shared. You should definately try to be in more pics for/with your kids. This is something that i need to do more too.

Debbie said...

Girl, you are beautiful and those pictures are lovely!

Sara said...

I agree, you are lovely.
And, your daughter looks a lot like you!

Krissynae said...

This is a great set of photos. It is great to see the faces behind the screen name & pictures

Two Peas Photo Challenge