Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My first pictures!




I need to make up for lost time so I'm including two pictures I took today. I really want to work on my focusing. I lost details in the finishing of the pic with my daughter in (of the cat). I also really need help with color. These were shot in manual with my 50mm lens. This shot was f1.8 ss1/40 ISO 200. I understand I can't get great focus using a ss less than 60. I didn't realize it was that low but was surprised it still looked ok. The cat was f1.8 ss 1/60 ISO 200. I was trying to get a good focus with low fstop.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. I love these. I really love the cat eyes!!! Gorgeous.

Adrienne said...

What Green eyes! Wow..... sharp pictures, good job

jordan.krogman said...

These are both great pictures. I love your DOF and both are very sharp. Good job!

Krissynae said...

Great photos. Love the look of your babies

justem said...

These are both great! I love the color in the picture with your daughter (I'm assuming...)

Sheri said...

GOOD JOB!

Jenn said...

I love the colors!! Great shots!

Sara D. said...

OMG those green eyes!!!! I think you did a great job with you ss so low. lOvE iT!

cristina said...

i think your focus was dead on. i maximized your shots and didn't see anything majorly out of focus. both set of eyes (the cat's eyes in the first and your dd's in the 2nd one) have good catchlights. i would be happy with these. keep up the good work.

Katie said...

Wow, these are great! I love how bright the cats eyes are in both shots.

Patti said...

Great shots. You have done a great job with the focus

Jennifer Dexter said...

Looks good to me. Great shots!

Michelle said...

great pics & cute subjects :) :)

Debbie said...

Nice focus. These look very good.

Liz said...

Your colors are so bright and vibrant, I am totally jealous.
Both of these are great pictures and really sharp.

Two Peas Photo Challenge