Monday, February 5, 2007

Feb 5, 2007


I know the theme is flowers...but there is not a flower around me! We woke up to another snow day today due to the cold weather and a beautiful sheet of ice on the outside of our bedroom windows. I know I shouldn't be happy about this-but we will have the windows replaced this spring and for now I was enjoying the beauty. I don't have a good macro lens. These were done with my 28-200. What do you think? I played around with saturation and hue to make the dark blues in the background.

9 comments:

Amy Covey said...

Very, very cool!

Michelle said...

this is so cool! i love this idea. we have a few windows in the house that do this so i will have to keep an eye on them! great job with the color!

Krissynae said...

this would be so cool printed on a projection sheet and have light behind it. great shot.

~*Steffie*~ said...

WOW!!!!!!!! These are such awesome photos!! I have been wanting to capture something like this and you did a beautiful job.

I can't believe you were able to get that much detail without a macro lens.

thanks so much for sharing :)

Katie said...

This is amazing. The bright blue works really well!

Sarah Heggie said...

This is gorgeous! Almost makes me want another cold snap! Great capture!

Ren said...

I love the singular flakes!

Anonymous said...

i like the effect you did with the background - adds even more interest. very nice shot!

TFS!!

Jan said...

This is a great shot--I love the detail in the ice! The color is perfect, too. TFS!

Two Peas Photo Challenge