Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jan 16, 2007




The Domes


One of the neat things about my city are the domes. They are three round solar spheres. One houses regular summer plants, the second is the desert and the third is the rainforest. Many people hold weddings or have their pictures taken in the domes. The outside doesn't look too fantastic (especially with gray skys LOL) but the inside takes you to another place. :) They usually have something neat set up in the main section. Right now it is a train station with an entire city set in the garden. I tried to get some close ups of it-but they didn't turn out as I had envisioned. I am not used to shooting this type of scene-any tips? HHCC appreciated.

11 comments:

jordan.krogman said...

I'm not much for doing scenery pictures, either, so I'll let someone else field that question! These "domes" are so cool! Wish we had something like this in my town. It's soo cool to get a glimpse into what everyone's home towns are like. TFS

Donna said...

I really like the close-ups of the trains. I'm not much of a scenery photographer also, but I think they look great. TFS

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

I don't know what your setting were, but, you might try a faster ss and apiature.
Melissa H

Lorrie said...

I love the Domes. Really cool. I wish I had some CC to offer other than I like your photos. My POTD is of one of our local "odd" bdlgs too!

Patti said...

Those domes sound really coool. I think you did a great job with the trains

Adrienne said...

I am sorry, can't offer you cc on your compositions, but I think you did a good job! That little train track is so neat... and the domes sound very cool! I agree it's hard to get a great picture when the SKY won't cooperate, but I do get the idea of the domes...:) Sounds very interesting! Wish I had 'interesting' architecture in my town!!

Andrea said...

What a cool place! I think these shots are cool! I think another cool shot would have been to have the focus right on the train and kind of blur out the background- more of a macro type shot. But I love this as well!

Dar Kaso said...

I think they are all good, the domes are really cool!

Krissynae said...

Wonderful photos. I love these train exibits. The flowes are beautiful. I agree the domes are not pretty but beautiful things lie within the ugliest things. Great photos.

Hope said...

I really like your shots. Looks like a very interesting place.

Anonymous said...

What a neat place. Well done.

Yvonne

Two Peas Photo Challenge